lindee's journey to rediscover her waistline!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

lindee's journey to rediscover her waistline!!!

Post  lindee on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:59 am

hi all! well, here i go on my journey to rediscover my waistline ...... haven't seen it for a while but i do believe it's hiding around here somewhere Very Happy
i bought this diet plan on feb 1st but i'm only just starting it today .... things got in the way, like my parents visiting - IMPOSSIBLE to try to start an eating plan with 'she who brings yummy cheeses' and 'he who brings copious amounts of wine' coming to stay. anyway they've gone home now. next 'thing' was convincing my partner that he needed to do this as well - after much scrutiny of the menus he agreed he would join me.
i have never been small; 5'7" and a 'well-rounded' 65kg but i did have a waist! gradually over the past 10 years the weight crept on round my middle - i remember saying 'ok, when i get to 70kg i'll do something about it' ...... 'when i get to 75kg' ...... 'there's no way i'm going over 80kg' .................... now at 83.8kg I AM FINALLY DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
i met my partner 3 years ago and we have both been extremely happy and gradually gaining weight (oh, for the stressed-out miserable days of before ... NOT!) - my partner has gone from 100kg to 124kg since meeting me. i'm 42 and he's 45 - now is the time to get our health back on track before we develop any problems!
i'd like to get back to 65kg-ish and he would like to get back to 90kg-ish - today is our first day on the diet and so far we're doing well - i'm usually really bad at 'grazing' through the day, but have followed the plan exactly and haven't felt like grazing at all, he doesn't graze but does have a problem with portion control.
so, this is the beginning of the healthy new us ............ sunny
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: lindee's journey to rediscover her waistline!!!

Post  lindee on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:20 am

well i REALLY thought i'd wake up starvingly hungry - and much to my surprise i didn't!
day 2 and all is still on track - i still need my cup of coffee (black, no sugar) to kickstart my day, but otherwise, all is good! Like a Star @ heaven

as for exercise; i was going to make the effort to get out and walk the dogs more frequently and for longer and wouldn't you know it .... after several months of no rain, it's starting raining here Exclamation so i've been vacuuming vigorously (instead of half-heartedly), and decided to clean out all the cupboards, just to keep me active all day.

hope you're all doing well - i'll update both our results in a week from now - hope to read more of your results then too. Very Happy
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 am

first week update; yahooo! i lost 2.3kg and 1-2cm round each of the vital statistics and my partner lost 1.5kg and 2cm ................ and this is where we 'fess up; we followed the eating plan properly but didn't do any exercise Embarassed .................. i can only imagine how much better those figures would look if we had gotten off our butts!

the eating plan is so easy to follow and me, being the constant snacker pig didn't get hungry or pick at anything during the day, and i didn't even have to try not to eat - i just didn't feel hungry. we both got quite tired on about days 3-7 - not sure if it's the diet or the seasonal change (our temps suddenly plummeted from hot summer to cool autumn overnight!), but wasn't a major problem just went to bed earlier and had a nana nap on sunday afternoon. Sleep

possibly the most annoying thing is that i know all this stuff and should be able to work it out for myself but it's just so much easier to have someone else hand it all to me sorted and ready to go - Like a Star @ heaven thank you Joanne Like a Star @ heaven for idiot-proofing it for me! Very Happy

i'll be back next monday with our next update - hopefully even better results .... till then i'd better get bounce
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:24 pm

oh dear ............. Neutral

and we thought we were doing so well! week 2 weigh in and i only lost 900g and my partner 100g scratch - on the plus side there was a couple more centimetres off the measurements, and a loss is still a loss even if it wasn't as much as we'd hoped for.

admittedly we did have lunch out one day last week but both tried to choose 'healthier' options - i had a chicken wrap, partner had a beef roll, both with salad and oven-baked fries. was a struggle to eat a whole restaurant lunch-size meal - our stomachs have definitely reduced in capacity!

also, not sure if this made the difference but we were given a couple of pumpkins and i made pumpkin soup with them and we have had that for our dinner every night last week - though it's just pumpkin and water which i figured couldn't be any higher in calories than a packet soup. BUT having it every night and not alternating with the protein of the chicken salad and smoothie may have affected our metabolisms i guess. ...... and yes, i did see that week 2 states "follow this eating plan religiously" ...............

thankfully week two's result hasn't put my partner off and we are setting off into week 3 with renewed enthusiasm! oh, and we did manage to get a bit more exercise in last week - hope to do the same this week too.

have a good week all, be back next monday! Smile
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 am

*#@!@#**# easter!! albino *#@!@#**# easter eggs !!! No
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 am

ok .... week 3
a "friend" ... and i use the term loosely! .... gave me a bag of creme eggs for easter. i carefully rationed them out to eat over three weeks .... but i have a weakness for chocolate so three days later they were all gone and i gained 100g this week Embarassed
my partner, who has far more will-power than me and isn't really fussed with chocolate anyways, lost 1.5kg, so the diet definitely works when you don't get led astray!! Very Happy

all together over the past 3 weeks we have both lost 3kg each and approx 10-12cms each, and that's with not doing the recommended exercise silent which i'm sure would make even more difference!

we're pleased with how we've been going so far and are about to do the week one kickstart diet again for week four.

the food is still very yummy, the shopping bill is still under $100 a week, and it's still very easy to follow when someone else has planned your menu for you! cheers

see you in a week!
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:17 pm

hi all!
week 4 weigh in; i'm down 500g and my partner is down 900g Smile .... something's wrong with my tape measure cause some measurements were higher than last week Suspect or maybe i'm not very good at getting it in the same place each week!! (more likely!! Wink ) BUT most importantly, our clothes are getting looser - that's the best indication!

our weight isn't falling off as fast as some people's results but slow and steady suits us fine.

we went out to dinner with friends on saturday night .... to a chinese all-you-can-eat smorgasbord !!!!! Shocked
much to our surprise we were both very restrained and kept to one plate, not stacked up high, and lots of veges - we both admitted later that we could've gone back for another round; me with my scottish background wanting to get my money's worth, and he because it tasted good, but we didn't and we're very proud of ourselves Cool

just goes to show that you need to train your mind as much as your body!

this week we'll be mostly following the kickstart menu but adding in some of the DIY menu items; ie every second dinner will something like 85g of chicken or steak, with a small kumara, and a pile of steamed veges - keeping a careful watch on the calorie count of course! flower

seeya, next week!
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:40 am

week five and still going strong!

i lost 1.5kg and my partner lost 1.1kg so in total we have both lost 5kg in 5 weeks - average of 1kg a week is a very healthy way to lose weight - we're both very happy with our results Very Happy ..... BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ... i can fit a pair of jeans again that were a good 5cms from doing up when i tried them on at the beginning of the year (and they're s-t-r-e-t-c-h jeans Exclamation ).

we've been mostly following the week one plan but alternating the dinners; soup then steak and veges then soup etc etc (my partner's been missing his red meat) and feel we have a very balanced diet nutrition wise. i also feel 'lighter', as in not so sluggish and weighed down with toxins. Shocked

some days i can get to lunch or dinner time without even realising and other days i get the mega-munchies and eat so much fruit to get me through to the next meal tongue and on the rare occasion i have resorted to having a piece of toast with a thin smear of avocado olivani spread to tide me over. but the non-munchie days happen more than the munchie days and i try to keep myself busy - working from home doesn't help especially having to walk past the fridge! Laughing i make myself have a cup of green tea when i first get hungry to try to delay the actual eating - no wonder i feel like i've flushed the toxins with the amount of green tea i've had Razz

seeya next week!
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:49 am

week six ...

i only lost 100g this week silent and my partner lost 800g Cool ... but measurements are still going down cheers so all is good! it's that time of the month for me and guess i'm 'retaining fluid' Embarassed so not too worried about only losing 100g.

on the plus side ... or should that be the minus side Question .... my partner has just bought a new pair of jeans at size 102cm waist, down from 107cm waist, so he is very happy Very Happy he also astounded me in the weekend by suggesting we went for a bike ride Shocked - the first time he has actually wanted to do some exercise Exclamation i rushed round and dusted off the bikes and pumped up the tyres before he changed his mind. i have noticed a definite improvement in his health - not as tired, a bit more energy, and doesn't struggle with his breathing when walking any distance!

i ran out of cocoa chai tea the other day so decided to make my own version; one green tea bag, a smidge of cocoa powder, a dash of cayenne pepper, and a dash of all spice .... makes a very 'warming' drink, but do watch the amount of cayenne! affraid (cayenne pepper does help with digestion and circulation).

seeya next week!
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 am

week seven ...... No

hmmm, i put on 200g affraid and my partner lost 700g cheers so in 7 weeks a total of 4.9kg and 21cms loss for me and 6.8kg and 16cms loss for my partner. plus most importantly - we feel so much healthier! Very Happy

i'm guessing that my 'munchies' and choc cravings got the better of me this week!! Shocked but my jeans are noticably looser and the cms are still decreasing so i'm not too bummed out .... and i know exactly why i gained! Embarassed

i've been doing the walking and the occasional bike ride - now i'm feeling more motivated to do other more specific exercises, like stomach crunches, etc.

seeya, next week! flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 am

week 8 and we're back on track!

i lost 600g and my partner lost 500g so we're still heading in the right direction. cheers

last update i said i was feeling more motivated to do more exercise .... well, that went out the window - last week was very messy; mostly taken up with pets and vets! Rolling Eyes some planned (vaccinations) some not cat (abcesses) but very time consuming (and costly) and very tiring. seemed to have a lack of energy last week Sleep but think that's over now. Arrow

my partner has this week off with school holidays so we're going to redo the week one kickstart plan just to refresh our metabolisms and make sure we're keeping up the good habits! Cool

seeya next week sunny
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon May 05, 2008 12:05 am

week 9 ...

i lost 400g Smile and my partner lost 900g Very Happy , so in 9 weeks i've lost a total of 5.9kg and my partner has lost 8.2kg., which we are very happy with - would prefer to lose at this pace rather than too rapidly because we know it can go back on very quickly as well! Neutral

went to a friend's place for dinner during the week and we both had very conservative portions and chose our food wisely! and yes, we had desert but only a very little bit I love you

bit worried about this cold snap we're having as i tend to turn to food to keep warm ...... hahahaha lol! here's me trying to justify eating again!!!! guess i better vacuum vigorously and drink lots of green tea today Razz

till next week, seeya flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon May 12, 2008 1:52 am

week 10 and still focussed!! Shocked

this must be a first for me - probably the longest i've spent following an eating plan/diet cheers i guess it's cause this one is easy and IT WORKS Very Happy .... (and it works without me following the recommended exercise as well Embarassed )

anyways ... this week a 600g loss for me and 500g loss for my partner. Cool
we think we would've done better if it wasn't so chilly this past week cause we tended to have mashed potatoes with quite a few of our night-time meals - we've decided to only have mashed spuds ONCE this week Razz

we're still happy with our progress - seeya next week
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon May 19, 2008 1:09 am

OMG!! affraid ..... week 11

well, i was very pleased with my 800g loss Very Happy but my partner was ecstatic with his 2.1kg loss cheers cheers cheers ... and we were both worried we'd only have about 200-300g losses!!!

we didn't do anything noticeably different this week (though we did cut back on the mashed potato!) maybe we're burning off more fat with the cold weather Question whatever it was, i hope it works again this week Exclamation

the clothes are still getting looser Surprised and my partner will have to buy a new belt soon - he's on the smallest setting now of a belt that only just went round him a few months ago Smile So far i've lost an average of 7.5cm and my partner has lost an average of 11cms around each of the vital statistics .... we're happy Razz

seeya next week
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon May 26, 2008 12:06 am

oops ..... now how did that happen?? scratch

week 12: i gained 200g and my partner lost 300g .... hmmmmmm Suspect

i'm sure it had nothing to do with the plate of nachos (that we shared!) and the beers we had the night before weigh in ............ Razz ............ and the fact that i had an icecream sundae as well ..... silent
well, that'll teach us! strangely enough we're not that bummed out cause i can fit a skirt i haven't fitted for a while and my partner has now gone from a 107cm waist jeans to 102cm and as of this morning, he's wearing his 95cm jeans from a year ago!!!! Cool

doesn't hurt to have a treat once in a while but we'll try not to do it the day before weigh in the next time! Laughing

this weekend will be a challenge - we'll be at Rotorua with my parents ...... the eating plan will be right out the window but we'll do our best to be good Twisted Evil

have a good week all
seeya
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:44 am

week 13 ...

as we were going away for the long weekend we decided to weigh ourselves on the friday morning before we went; me 76.3kg 400g loss, him 108.8kgs 500g loss Very Happy ................... and when we got back on the tuesday morning; me 76.8kg 500g gain, him 110.1kg 1.3kg gain .... No

and we tried so hard to be good with our meals! guess the crackers and cheese, occasional biscuit, piece of cake, the wine, whiskies, etc all added up! silent though we did do an awful lot more walking than usual tongue

oh well, we kinda knew it might get messy over the weekend (but we enjoyed every bite!) Twisted Evil so we'll be back to our good habits for the rest of this week and hope that we get back to where we were! I love you

seeya
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:28 am

week 14 ....

after our slightly disastrous weigh in last weekend silent we're sorta back on track!
me; 76.5kg so 300g down on the post-weekend-away figure but 200g up on the pre-weekend-away figure. Neutral
him; 108.1kg so 2kg down on the post and 700g down on the pre - he's happy! Very Happy

my excuse for the gain (from the Big Book of Excuses for All Occasions Razz ) is the age-old favourite - it's 'that' time of the month. Embarassed so not only is there fluid retention but i get the munchies too! Shocked

never mind, i'll just have to do better this week Wink

seeya next monday
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:24 am

....... what week are we up to Question ... oh yep, week 15

i can't believe i'm still following this diet plan Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation this is the longest ever Surprised
and even better; i'm still losing weight Cool

i lost 900g and he lost 400g Very Happy ..... not bad going considering we had chinese takeaways and beer the night before weigh in Wink just goes to show that we have learnt our portion control well.

we're both almost half way to our goal weights and very pleased with ourselves - clothes are needing belts, and also able to fit back into some pre-weight gain items. Razz

feeling positive that this week is going to be a good week, so seeya next monday
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:02 am

Suspect the less said about week 16, the better Neutral

me up 500g, him up 1.3kg!

we know exactly where we went wrong ... he went on a pub crawl with the boys from tech drunken, and i succumbed to chocolate! pig

so we shall just pretend this week doesn't exist and be back next monday with some proper results!! Wink

flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wow you are doing great

Post  justinec on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 am

i havent logged in for ages but thought i might and check on on your inspirational journey Very Happy

anywho again well done and every single loss s a step closer to your goal. keep u the great work your will and committment to this is amazing

cheers Justine flower

justinec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 am

hi Justine,
thanks for dropping in ... i was starting to feel a little bit alone ... Laughing

i still can't believe i'm still doing this! it helps that my partner is totally into it as well - in fact, with him i think its become a competition as to who's going to lose the most each week ... Suspect and now i can fit back into clothes that i haven't been able to get into for a while - that is probably the most motivating thing Razz

its slow and steady for us (with a few hiccups on the way) but its working!

flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:56 am

week 17 .....

i lost 800g - down to 75.3kg Smile
he lost 1.2kg - down to 107.8kg Very Happy

so we're basically back to where we were before we went wrong last week ... Wink

it's all good ... onwards and downwards! I love you

seeya next monday
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:22 am

ha! so much for downwards! scratch

week 18 ..... and we're up again! Rolling Eyes

me up 500g, him up 900g. No i'm putting it down to eating more cause its been so very cold lately ... and we've both been working really hard ... and, um, i'm sure i can think of some more excuses ..... Razz

of course it could all be muscle gain {cough, splutter} .... well, we both did long hours last week!

next monday will be better!
flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

keep up the good work

Post  justinec on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:53 am

Hi again

i got caught up with work and havent been checking as often. What a Face its good to see you dont dwell on the gains and that you keep going with it, this is the secret to your sucess along with will and committment!!!

keep up the good work and i will check in again soon so you arent so lonely Very Happy

justinec

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lindee on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:44 am

hey Justine!
thanks for your support (and company!) Wink

yeah, there's no point getting bummed out with the gains - especially when we know exactly where we went wrong - but it does make us more determined to be extra good the next week! Cool plus its teaching us how to balance what we eat and drink when we go out or have splurges, etc.

anyway, how are you going with the diet? i'm hoping that everyone else who has signed up on here is still going well. Like a Star @ heaven

flower
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next