Thats it - the fat HAS to go!!

Go down

Thats it - the fat HAS to go!!

Post  Brooke on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 am

Hello all

As i read through the blogs of other users i feel SO relieved and very inspired. As i work my through this little 'battle' with myself I hope that at some point i can look back on this, proud that i have come so far. That is the plan!!

Like other members, I once had a relatively good figure. I loved shopping and going out. I was quite athletic, fitting evening sports in on 3 nights a week and clubbing with my girlfriends 4 of the remaining nights of the week. As I'm not a big drinker, the clubbing seemed to do me good, it was like exercising without realising it. At 174cm my weight sat comfortabley between 65-70kgs. AND THEN,,, DUM DUM DUM.. somehow, when uni wrapped up, a full time shop began to take up all my time and the new found financial freedom that came with a job, meant i could buy way more takeaways than ever before. I moved in with my wonderful partner (of whom eats like theres no tomorrow and thinks that burgers are good for you since theres lettuce in it right?) and now, 2 and a half years down the track my weight has ballooned to an embarassing 91kg.

I've now got to the point where shopping trips almost always end tears and frustration as i cant find anything that looks right. While i initially tried to reason it away as being 'the wrong style', deep down, i know that the clothes ARN'T the real problem. I avoid social outings at all costs, which is taking its tole on our relationship as on days off, i don't even much like going to lunch or anything like that. My partner is incredibly supportive and gets really frustrated as he doesn't seem to see what I'm so stressed at. I know that with my height most people wouldn't look at me and say, 'hay she's fat', however, i was always one of the thinner girls in my group of girlfriends.

I know my weight gain is a direct result of making really poor choice with food and not MAKING time for exercising. I have tried a few times to shift the weight, but nothing that would really warrant any sort of real results. So THIS really is my last attempt. I'm over wasting my days off thinking of excuses why we don't have to go out. I'm over looking at the huge pile of clothes sitting in the back of my cupboard that i can't fit but can't bare to part with since i love them so much. I no longer want to make my partner feel helpless each time i look in the mirror and feel like having a melt down. To know me as a person and to know the way i feel within my own skin at the moment, even my closest friends wouldn't have a clue how much i want this weight gone.

Its not all about looking super model beautiful. Its not about strutting around in a killer bikini. I just want to enjoy life more. I'm in a really great place in my life at the moment and this is the one slight area that needs to be improved.

So the goal is, to get back to my ideal weight. In 5 weeks time my partner and I are going on a tropical get away, i want to have lost a considerable amount of weight by then and be well on the way to that 67kg mark.

From just looking at the plan I KNOW its going to be tough and Im definitley going to be hungry for the first week or so. But failing is just not an option this time round.

SO here goes nothing.

Wish me luck

SOrry to babble on so much. I don't expect everybody to sit around and read all my entries. This is just the way I process things , getting it out has always seemed to help. However, if a few weeks I get to where i want to be, hopefully, my blogs, will inspire others to get out there and give this a go with me!!!

Goodluck team
Very Happy
B

Brooke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thats it - the fat HAS to go!!

Post  lindee on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:33 pm

hey Brooke, welcome aboard! cheers

you soooo hit the nail on the head with your description of clothes shopping ..... totally been there, put my partner through that!! and that horrifying day when you no longer fit a size 12 .... or a 14 ..... and total lack of comprehension when you can't button up the size 16 or 18 ................. affraid

at 42 and carrying most of my weight round my middle (the danger zone), i know that i need to do something NOW to reduce health complications later.

best of luck with your weight loss journey, and babble on as much as you want - that's what this forum is for!! Laughing
lindee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

thanks for the welcome :-)

Post  Brooke on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:05 am

Hi Lindee

Thanks for the warm welcome. Very Happy
The shopping trips are what have ultimately shown me the harsh realiity of my situation, or i should say, our situation. lol

BUT you don't know how happy i am that I have started to give this a go. So many other people have done well so we can't possibly give up right!!

After two days at this Im feeling quite good. All i thought I'm a wee bit hungry, drinking lots of water helps. I've come to realise that alot of my so called 'hunger' cravings must all be in my head because now that i'm making a proper effort to watch what i eat, I find that If i wait a few minutes, the urges seem to pass. Which is reassuring. Everytime i get hungry i tell myself that it will pass, and so far thats worked really well. Laughing

I have stuck to the meal plan very well, right down to a T and avoided any snacking what so ever. My body is adjusting well to the change. Before i begun this plan a was a very deeply devoted fan of Coca-Cola. Now this is something I am known for and it was not unusual for me to chugg down roughly 2.25 litres of the stuff each day! pale If anything, this will be my toughest habbit to kick and stay clear of... However, so far, so good.

I've refrained from checking the scales but can't wait until my first weigh in on saturday.

Hope everybody else getting along well.

GOOD LUCK

B

Brooke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thats it - the fat HAS to go!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum